© 2021 Crossroads For Carers- Registered Scottish Charity: SC-012956
61/63 Argyll Street,
Dunoon, PA23 7NJ
Tel: 01369 70 7700 (Cowal)
Mobile: 07827 772 358 (Deborah Rough)
• Enhance the quality of life for carers and their families• Empower carers to maximise their rights and entitlements• Raise public awareness of carers and their needs
• Raise awareness of the value of carers and their contribution to society
• Become a recognised centre of Excellence for carer support
ARE YOU A CARER?
DO YOU LIVE IN COWAL OR BUTE?
If you are looking after an ill, frail or disabled family member, partner orfriend then you are a carer.
The person you look after may be elderly, have a physical or mental health condition, a learning disability
or a drug or alcohol dependency (diagnosed or undiagnosed).
Carer Support Groups are facilitated in rural areas. It is a fantastic opportunity to meet with other carers, reduce
isolation, share your caring experience and fnd peer support.
If you live in Cowal or Bute and we are not providing a support group in your area please get in touch, we would
be delighted to hear from you and would be happy to organise a group in your area.
Access to funded short breaks
Carers have the right to receive a meaningful break from caring in order to fnd relief from caring responsibilities,
and the opportunity to improve wellbeing and quality of life. (Funding is limited)
People often don’t view themselves as a carer. As a result you can miss out on vital support to assist you in the caring role, Carers can and do face many challenges throughout the caring journey.
Deby RoughOutreach Service Manager
SUPPORT SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE OUTREACH SERVICE
Carers wellbeing service:
• Social events
• Days out
• Heath and wellbeing events
• Training/information sessions
• Access to wellbeing and health promotion strategies such as mindfulness, stress management, telephone support
• Support and information service
• Access to respite service
• Home visits
• Directive 1-1 support
• Information packs
• Emotional support and listening
• Carer Support Plans
• Signposting/referral to other services
• Emergency planning
• Knowing your rights as a carer
• Informal advocacy
Crossroads (Cowal & Bute)
Endeavours to provide a high quality respite and support service in the community to enable carers to take a break and continue with their caring role.